Salt Lake City, Utah – On Tuesday afternoon, a construction worker was burned by a fire that ignited suddenly at a site in the Avenues neighborhood of Salt Lake City.
According to Salt Lake City Fire Department officials, the approximately 20-year-old man was opening a gas can when an “ignition source” was too close by, which sparked the fire. It is now under investigation.
The victim was taken to a hospital burn center in serious condition, with burns on up to 30 percent of his body.
At around 4:40 p.m., the incident occurred near 700 E. 18th Avenue.
According to officials, a construction trailer was also burned.