Utah – According to data from the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, mail theft reports have gone up by 600% over the past three years.
Every year, mail theft is on the rise, and postal inspectors who investigate these crimes arrest thousands of mail and package thieves.
Here are some tips to help prevent mail theft in your community:
• Send packages to a secure location
• If you are leaving on vacation, request a vacation hold on your packages
• Provide delivery instructions
• Schedule packages to arrive when you are home and track them
• Require a signature
• Consider package theft prevention products
• Install cameras and/or a video doorbell
• Network with your neighbors
The statistic aligns with the increase in the number of delivery services that are becoming more and more convenient and accessible to the public.