SALT LAKE CITY – After being canceled due to COVID-19 in 2020, the Days of ’47 Parade is returning for 2021.
According to a news release, all of the scheduled events will still be subject to state and local COVID-19 requirements.
the Days of ’47 Board. “As with many activities canceled, postponed, or altered in 2020 due to
the COVID-19 pandemic, these treasured pioneer traditions were placed on hold. We’re now
ready to celebrate our pioneer heritage as we have done for over a century.”
A schedule and descriptions of the highly anticipated events can be found below:
- Friday-Saturday, March 26, 27, 2021; Closed to the public
- Friday, July 9, and Saturday, July 10, 2021, 8:00 p.m.
- Online Virtual Concert featuring Arts Society of Utah, Salt Lake Symphony performing a celebration of the 50th anniversary of man’s first steps on the moon.
PIONEERS OF PROGRESS
- Thursday, July 15, 2021, The Grand America (Tickets are limited.)
- Reception, 6:30 p.m.; dinner and awards, 7 p.m.
- Awards Gala Banquet honoring modern-day Utahns exhibiting pioneer spirit through industry and integrity
RODEO AND COWBOY GAMES
- Tuesday through Saturday, July 20-24; 8:00 p.m.
- Days of ’47 Arena at Utah State Fair Park, 1000 West 155 North Temple
- Featuring a $1 million rodeo celebrating the modern-day pioneer spirit.
FLOAT PREVIEW PARTY
- Monday and Tuesday, July, 19-20, 2021, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Mountain America Expo Center, 9575 South State Street
- See parade floats and meet their creators. Free to the public.
DAYS OF ’47 PARADE
- Friday, July 23, 2021; 9:00 a.m.
- Route begins at South Temple and State Street; Ends at Liberty Park
- One of the oldest parades in the United States Floats, bands, horses, clowns, and more!
- Friday, July 23, 2021, 7:00 A.M. (Must be seated by 6:50 a.m.)
- The Assembly Hall on Temple Squire, 50 West North Temple
- Music provided by The Salt Lake Valley Combined Institute Choir, directed by Alan C. Sackett.
FIRST ENCAMPMENT HIKE (Free)
- Saturday, July 17, 2021; 7:00 a.m.
- Donner Park, 2770 East 990 South (East of Hogle Zoo)
- Walk in the footsteps of the 1847 pioneers, commemorating the first pioneer campsite in the valley.
Anyone who would like more information on the events can visit daysof47.com.